Friday 4 September 2015


Destiny De Souza
Background
My name is Destiny De Souza. I am a media personality and actress. My dad is a Nigerian but my mum is mixed race-her dad is Brazilian and her mum is black French. French is my first language and I speak a bit of Portuguese. I grew up in London and visited Nigeria for the first time when I was 18 years old. I moved back to Nigeria about three years ago .
Childhood
I was an energetic child and I had fun growing up. My mum enrolled me in a theatre school and I took part in after-school activities such as sports, ballet, dance, piano and singing lessons. I played basketball in my early teens for a local club and represented my school in athletics and netball competitions.
Education
I have a Master’s degree in International Political Communications Campaign and Advocacy from the Kingston University and a bachelor’s degree in Psycho-Social Studies from the East London University. School was fun for me but I found it difficult to be seated in class because I was always singing or dancing. I began to pay more attention to my education after I realised there was more to life than singing and dancing.
Acting
I had a thriving career as a child star in the United Kingdom. Being a young black female, it became difficult to get acting engagements after I turned 17. As a result of this, I mingled with African Caribbean movie practitioners and bagged my first feature film role with Will Johnson, a renowned British actor and the rest is history.
Bafta Nomination
My British Academy of Film and Television Arts nomination was a surreal experience because I earned it as a teenager. Although a teen documentary on human rights issues fetched me the nomination, I didn’t really understand its importance until I got older. I got to interview Malian music legend, Salif Keita. During the award ceremony, I engaged in a lot of networking and it earned me a job with Teen Nick.
Radio
I joined Cool TV two years ago as a producer/presenter and head of French content development. Not long after I joined them , I was offered a spot on Cool FM It was my first time on radio but I was able to cope because it is similar to what I did on television. I interact with listeners and discuss issues that bother around relationships, rape, and sex-related topics. Because it airs in the early hours of the day, I am able to reach my target audience
Projects
I am currently focused on taking my radio show to the next level and engaging as many people over the airwaves as I can. I hope to kick off an anti-rape project in the near future and pay more attention to my acting career.
Style
ADVERTISEMENT
I am a risk-taker and I like to wear decent clothes. I have a curvy body and I am proud of it. I like to be crazy, sexy and cool but comfort comes first. I am not a follower of trends. I am blessed with good skin so I do not wear make-up all the time. I only apply make-up when I am filming. I love lip-gloss, eye pencils and mascara. I can’t stand dry lips or an unkempt eyebrow.
Relationship
I look forward to building a home with a man that understands my career. When I get married, my family will come first but my husband must be my biggest fan. Since it isn’t easy to find such a man, I’m not looking for a man now . I am having fun focusing on my career.


 NEWS GENESIS (C) 2015 All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from News Genesis.

0 comments :

Facebook Comment Designed By Excellent Johnson

Post a Comment

Love to hear your opinion!